I think Caesar Salad is one of those foods you can order anywhere and not go wrong. It’s definitely my safe bet when I go out to eat and I have never been disappointed. Now, I’ve bought the little make-your-own Caesar Salad kits from the store before. They’re yummy and all, and easy to throw together, but now that I have this recipe, I’ll never go back. My Aunt Linda introduced me to this recipe and it’s pretty much amazing. Plus, if you’re averted to anchovies, no worries! There aren’t any here : )
3 romaine hearts
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 1/2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
5 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling.
1. Rinse lettuce and chop leaves into pieces. (spin/dry lettuce as needed)
2. Whisk lemon juice, mayonnaise, garlic, and Worcestershire in a small bowl.
3. Drizzle lettuce with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and toss lightly and carefully. (Clean hands work well.)
4. Drizzle lemon mixture over lettuce; toss again.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan over lettuce; toss again.
6. Sprinkle croutons and a little more Parmesan over the salad and serve.
*Also, you can add your choice of meat/seafood to make it into a whole meal! (grilled chicken is my fave)
(For a smaller salad with one head of lettuce, simply half the dressing and it’ll be plenty)
Source: Adapted from The Pioneer Woman